By Milwaukee Searcher
I have had many, many theories over the past 7 and 1/2 years… but this is my most comprehensive to date. I arm chaired this theory, after many BOTG searches in NM… for a year I studied this area, researched all i could, and drove all the way out to yellowstone- I was only able to search for 30 minutes… but that’s a whole ‘nother story… that trip will be 4 years ago this June… The more I look at this poem, the more confused I get… endless options… how to look at it, how to read it… but I’ve never been able to shake this theory-
I consider myself an architectural theorist, and have been to several spots in New Mexico, but only this location in Yellowstone.
this theory has “the” as “a word that is key”
(a key is something that turns to be unlocked)
“THE thrill of THE chase”
“some people over complicate THE complexity of THE search”
– “marry the poem to a map”
“the poem is a map”
“imagination is greater than knowledge” (this theory is imaginative).
Click on image to enlarge
1. “alone in there” = into Yellowstone, via 89 (the northern entrance/arch) aloNE IN THEre= NE IN THE= (turn key)- Eht ni en= 89
2. begin it where: warm… take it (warm) in the cAnyon, not far- but also fAr- put in below (below means, by definition “at a later place, or after)- so, put in below- put in after.
warM waters halt = Mammoth
too fAr to walk
THE HOMe of brown
(turn key- the- eth- maamohthe=mammoth)
3. from there it’s no place for “the”
From THEre it’s no place for the …
THE end is…
THEre’ll be no paddle…
JusT HEavy loads
the home of Brown is created by #3- an F forming (effort/F fort), representing some still standing buildings of the CCC (the old Glen Creek CCC, now the YCC)
CCC boys were known as the “khaki kids”- khaki=brown. more on CCC later- but keep in mind mY SECret=ycc, quest to cease, all to see(k)
***in this theory, “the end” is referring to the cold, the wood, the gold
I’ll get to this later
4. There’ll be- aLL and listen good
wiLL BE worth…
(trail to the end at southern end of lake?- this does seem to exist looking at google maps)
5. paddle up your creek- I guess I took the liberty of paddling up the creek from “go”- resembling the shape of the actual Glen Creek- Go, marveL, quEst, fouNd, CREEK. – but no “the” as a word that is key, and this might just be coincidence
6. if you’ve been wise and found the blaze- “the” blaze? the F? look quickly down… to cease… the 3 c’s in quiCkly, sCant, and Chest- a path from the old CCC to the lake- this does exist, I believe.
7. I guess I also took the liberty of drawing Joffe Lake- following the sounds of the word- Just, Already,All, EFFort (EFFort), thE (pronounced “thee” answers), and lEave. hey, Imagination is key, right? Sort of resembles the odd shape of the lake- and whY Chest sCant= YCC (look quickly down your quest to cease- two C’s) (see picture above)
8. “take the chest” to “leave my trove”- the from The chesT
wHy is it tHat
leavE my trovE
– you can look at my notes here, on my drawn map… possible treasure at either at I (circled)- eastern point of lake, there was a tree there, and an open old stone gate i think leading to Glen Creek trail, or at southeastern part of lake- a small trail heading east to #9- see below.
9. THE cold= loc eht=locate
THE wood= w eht=weight
THE gold= old geht= old gate? =log eht= log 8?
– locate weight = 42 pounds… something ff has been very specific about since the beginning.
“the end is ever drawing nigh- draw left-
so- yeah, there are definitely holes in this theory- but I went here- this was the place parents took their kids to learn how to fish in the 1940’s. It is not a tourist spot- you’d never know it was there, unless you just knew it was… It’s a very small lake.
other things to think about-
- The clues did not exist when I was a kid but of most of the places the clues refer to did. I think they might still exist in 100 years.
-Joffe Lake used to be CCC Lake, and the YCC did not exist-(it was the CCC)- so here are examples of places not existing when ff was a kid, but the places the clues refer to did exist-
-here is a map from 1942 proving there was a CCC where the F (fort), or my home of Brown, existed. 1942 Glen Creek CCC
-on p.146 in TTOTC is the infamous drawing of a man with an axe, and all the cut down trees… the CCC was also known as the “tree army,” and there are bronze sculptures all over the US of men with axes- CCC bronzes
(Even if my theory is totally far off, these bronze statues must be significant?)
-the CCC slogan was “We can take it.”
(And take it in the canyon down…)
-there was a man- an author- by the name of Datus C Proper who also grew up in Yellowstone. He was 4 years younger than ff. He died as Skippy did, in a scuba diving accident. It was only in researching my Joffe Lake area that I came across this man… one of his books was What the Trout Said
I have not read it- however, he was an avid fisherman, so growing up in Yellowstone, he probably knew at least some of the spots ff did. (I did reach out and ask ff if he knew Datus Proper- he did not reply). I mention him for 3 more reasons- (besides growing up in Yellowstone, being about ff’s age, his name itself, and his death).
1. I found this article- “Managing Eden”- Field and Stream
(By Datus C Proper, 1993)— It’s very important you start on P.57, then continue to P.94- by the end of the 2nd paragraph on p. 94, you can see why finding this AFTER I had my spot… I got excited… youth, bikes, secret fishing… he even mentions “high water” in the third paragraph.
2. the quote- there are a couple of good hints and there are a couple of aberrations that live out on the edge.” (Moby Dickens Book Shop 34:41 mark) is it possible this is why a bunch of dates are wrong/obviously changed in the postmark stamps? say his name- Datus Proper- sounds like Date us proper- is this like ff?
3.”What is wrong with me just riding my bike out there and throwing it in the water high when I am through with it?” (HOD Forrest Gets Mail 10/03/2012
-the little girl in India could not get further than the first 2 clues with the poem and a map of the Rockies, because a map of the Rockies only has highway 89 and Mammoth Hot Springs… the rest is more detailed.
“Your destination is small but it’s location is huge”- yellowstone is huge? Joffe Lake area small in comparison?
without me drawing on joffe lake and glen creek, and YCC(C) and my notes- just look at the “the’s”- here is a picture of that… this could be something? please note, “the” blaze resembles an F, and “the” end resembles an upside down F… and i don’t think it’s an accident that “the chest” goes to “my trove”…